- Write a paragraph about your favourite sport based on the following questions?
- What is your favourite sport ?Why do you like?
- How many players and teams are needed to play it?
- How is the game conducted?
- What is the duration of the game?
- How is it played?
- How popular is it as a sport? What is it’s effect on the body?
Cricket is my favourite sport . I like it is a good recreation and keeps my body fit for work. The game of cricket needs two teams, each team having eleven players. Generally, the duration of a one day cricket match is 50 over’s, each over having six bowls. Two umpires conduct the game and sometimes , a third umpire is required to solve an acute confusion. At the beginning of the mach a toss is adopted to select a fielding group and a batting group. A batsman may be bowled out, run out, stumped out or caught out. When a bowler bowls , a batsman his the ball away at a good distance and runs to the opposite wicket. The batsman of the other side runs to his place. Thus one run is scored . If a batsman is out , another player takes his place. After interval the fielding group comes to bat and the batting group goes to fields. Both the teams try to out all batsmen of the opposite team . The team which scores more runs wins the game. The duration of the game is guided by the fall of wicket or completion of the over. Cricket is a very popular game all over the world. It teaches us patience and promptness of mind . Besides, it makes our body fit and strong.